We are currently looking for a qualified and registered ECE teacher to join our team on a fixed term contract 31.25 hours a week at Maraetai Beachlands Kindergarten.
We are seriously committed to creating a fun learning environment, our teachers are dedicated to, and passionate about, early childhood education, and quality learning programmes are based on the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki.
Our ideal candidate will
- have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- share the organisation's commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- share our kindergarten's philosophy of care and respect for the natural environment and sustainability and incorporate this in to learning experiences for children
- value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty.
To find out more about Maratai Beachlands Kindergarten, please visit the AKA website
If this role interests you, please click "Apply Now". We are looking forward to hearing from you.
For information on terms and conditions of this position, click here: Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers’ Collective Agreement 2019-2022
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position
It is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus including if eligible booster shots. Confirmation of vaccinations is required.
Maraetai Beachlands Kindergarten
ECE centre details
39 A Craig Road, Maraetai, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141