Early learning teacher
We are looking for a fully qualified teacher (new grads welcome to apply) for our relaxed, supportive preschool. We are licenced for 35 children, aged 2-6 yrs. Being a community-based preschool and part of a charitable trust, all of our funding is used to ensure the welfare of the children and teachers. The preschool has an integrative style with all ages mixing together, with a large playground area for outdoor learning.
The values of our centre are:
- an inclusive curriculum that removes any barriers to participation in learning, providing equal opportunities for all children and a commitment to bicultural teaching practices.
- Provide our tamariki with a with a quality learning environment that gives them the best possible learning outcomes.
- Foster a child’s sense of belonging.
- Provide care, guidance and support to our learners from 2–6 years of age, affirming them in their identity in their learning journey. This role is expected to work closely with the other teachers in our centre, and our Centre Manager.
Key external relationships are with parents/caregivers/guardians/whānau/fono. Our ECE teachers ensure a high quality educational programme is delivered and support the overall strategic plan of the Centre.
Key skills and experience required:
- Hold an ECE teacher qualification and be registered as an ECE teacher in New Zealand
- Ability to teach and support children in a positive, nurturing way
- Excellent at building relationships with parents and whanau
- Knowledgeable of ECE regulations, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and professional practice.
The role is full-time (38.75 hrs a week, Monday–Friday) and is a permanent position. You must be legally able to work in NZ.
We have opted in for pay parity.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HASZZ
St Albans Community Preschool
ECE centre details
3 Thames Street, St Albans, Christchurch
12 Thames Street, Mairehau, Christchurch 8013