We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and registered ECE teacher to join our passionate team at Northcote Central Kindergarten. This is a full-time permanent role for a special teacher who will make a significant positive contribution to our team in helping to achieve great learning outcomes with children.
We are passionate about what we do, laying the foundations for children's essential life skills, and working alongside children to encourage them to explore their interests and pursue the ideas that capture their imaginations. We have a strong emphasis on respect and cultural diversity.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- Share the organisation's commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- Share our kindergarten's philosophy of care and respect for the natural environment and sustainability and incorporate this in to learning experiences for children
- Value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- Have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- Enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty.
To find out more about Northcote Central Kindergarten, please visit the AKA website.
For information on terms and conditions of this position, click here: Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers’ Collective Agreement 2019-2022
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
It is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus by 1 January 2022, and confirmation of vaccinations is required.
Northcote Central Kindergarten
ECE centre details
36 College Road, Northcote Central, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141