Head team leader or centre manager
Team Leader - Āwhina
Āwhina is looking for a dynamic, motivated, passionate team leader to lead our teaching team. Āwhina is based in Havelock North and is part of the Rockmybaby umbrella, a small centre licenced for 25 children, predominantly children aged 3-6 years. The programme focuses on unrushed practices, to promote a calm environment for children to grow and learn. Inspired by a Steiner philosophy we are passionate about igniting children’s imagination through creative experiences, open-ended resources, and loose parts.
The successful candidate:
- Bachelor of teaching and learning or higher ECE qualification, with a full teaching registration
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, committed to supporting, inspiring and growing teachers’ capabilities
- Up to date industry knowledge in the ECE sector
- Ability to communicate with whānau, children and teachers with strong conflict resolution skills
- Dedicated to upholding Te Tiriti of Waitangi practices and use te reo Māori
- A passionate teacher who advocates for children and teachers, and can create a strong team culture
- Strong knowledge around learning support models and children with high needs
- Strong academic writing skills around children’s dispositions, urges and interests and programme planning, reviews and internal evaluations.
- Motivated and dedicated to personal growth and professional learning opportunities
- Confident with IT and online platforms
- Solution-based thinker, who can reflect, and problem solve.
Āwhina Pēpē will offer you:
- Opportunities to grow leadership and managerial skills through PLD in a supportive team environment
- Opportunity to work aside and meet regularly with other team leaders, and be part of a pedagogical leadership team
- On-going commitment and support from Head office, based in Hawkes Bay
- Excellent remuneration, based on your skills qualifications and experiences.
- iPhone and high-quality professional uniform.
- Systems, policies, and practices that are robust
- An environment based on high quality education and passionate teachers.
How to apply
Please send a current CV, cover letter, and direct enquiries to:
(021) 225 6419
Vacancy reference #:1HASQ7
ECE centre details
37 Duart Road, Havelock North
P O Box 8720, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay 4157