K2 head teacher
Northland Kindergarten Association (NKA) seeks a head teacher to lead a committed team of teachers at Forest View Kindergarten Whangarei commencing as soon as practicable.
Forest View Kindergarten has a team of 5 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 40 children between 2 and 6 years of age.
They see their responsibility is to advocate, empower, scaffold, and celebrate children’s learning. Whanaungatanga, manakitanga and kaitiakitanga are important aspects of practice at the kindergarten. The team is currently working towards their Bronze enviroschools recognition.
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking applications from qualified, experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Experience with leadership, management, and mentoring skills
- Pedagogical leadership knowledge and experience
- Is self-motivated, have initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is a good communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- Has a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the enviroschools initiative
- The successful applicant will also be able to support the teaching team in their journey of weaving authentic te ao Māori contexts and te reo in the kindergarten setting.
Forest View Kindergarten is part of a network of 25 kindergartens within the NKA. The kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team.
Northland Kindergarten Association adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2019–2022.
Applicants must hold a recognized NZ ECE qualification, current practicing certificate, first aid certificate and provide evidence of full COVID vaccination status.
Download an application pack and a position description from the NKA website www.nka.org.nz or email email@example.com to request an application pack and position description.
How to apply
Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
PO Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141
(09) 435 9099 ext 8
Forest View Kindergarten
ECE centre details
215 Kiripaka Road, Tikipunga, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141