Mangere Bridge Kindergarten is currently looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent and experienced ECE teacher to join us
Our ideal candidate will:
- be a flexible team player, enthusiastic and fun-loving with an open mind
- understand an image of the child as capable and competent and who has an awareness of what that means in practice
- have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- share our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- have strong capability in planning, assessment and documentation
- value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- naturally weave passion for sustainability in to your teaching and learning experiences with children, as we are a Silver Enviroschool kindergarten
- be a fully registered and experienced teacher with strong personal teaching philosophy
- be interested in nature-based education, needs to be physically fit given the weekly farm programme at Ambury Regional Farm Park.
We encourage anyone interested in applying to visit our Kindergarten (observing current COVID regulations, please call ahead to check). To find out more, please visit the AKA website
If this role interests you, click "Apply Now"
For information on the terms and conditions of this position, please visit Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers, and Senior Teachers' Collective Agreement 2019-2022
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in NZ to be considered for this position
Please note, it is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus by 1 January 2022, and confirmation of vaccinations is required.
Mangere Bridge Kindergarten
ECE centre details
36 Lindis Place, Mangere Bridge, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141