Senior head teacher
Senior head teacher (38 hours per week).
We are on the lookout for a passionate and committed leader - perhaps even a super-hero with fairy wings…
We are a small community creche, small in size, but big in our love of learning and proud to be an important part of our community. We are licenced for 26 children per day with a mixed age group.
The position involves supporting and leading the team, communicating with families and ensuring that the centre operates as a high-performing centre based on quality and genuine interactions between staff, children and whanau.
Alongside this, you'll be responsible for meeting compliance requirements and administrative expectations. (To support the head teacher a centre administrator carries out 20 hours a week of day-to-day administrative tasks)
You will wear many hats to allow you to manage and be adaptable to meet a variety of needs as they occur. You will also have a strong 'on the floor' presence
As our successful head teacher, you will have:
- A passion for building meaningful relationships with children and their whanau
- Initiative, desire and passion for quality practice standards and commitment to the principles of Te Whāriki
- Familiarity with the New Zealand Education Council, ERO, MOE requirements, Licensing Criteria, 2008 Regulations and Code of Ethics
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of programme planning/assessment, pedagogy and curriculum
- A Bachelor/ Diploma of Education Teaching (ECE) and current Certification
- Proven recent success in educational management or leadership position.
What can we offer you?
- A chance to lead a vibrant, popular and successful community creche
- Amazing opportunities to help develop your management skills
- Supportive professional development to help you flourish and assist in your development as a teacher and manager
- An exceptionally competitive salary package. This includes, first aid certification, flu vaccination and financial support to maintain full registration.
Preferred start day 24th January 2022.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HARvP
Northcote Point Community Creche
ECE centre details
152 Queen Street, Northcote Point, Auckland
152 Queen Street, Northcote Point, North Shore City 0627