Te Whānau Tupu Ngātahi o Aotearoa - Playcentre Aotearoa is a well known and loved early childhood organisation with over 70 years of supporting parents to take the lead in their children’s learning through play. Playcentre operates 450 playcentres throughout the country and has just over 1,000 staff members who are employed in and over a number of roles.
Purpose of the position:
To assist parents/caregivers and whānau on session to ensure sessions run smoothly, parents are supported in their role as kaiako and children's needs are catered for, while role modelling playcentre philosophy and current practices.
31 January 2022.
8 hours per week, Monday and Thursday mornings. Term time only.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a playcentre course 3 qualification, or equivalent, or higher early childhood qualification
- Hold a current first aid certificate; or be prepared to achieve this.
Desirable skills and experience will include:
- A passion for playcentre and our philosophy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience at centre level with tamariki and adults
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Te Whāriki and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Ability to support and empower parents, whānau and caregivers in their role as kaiako
- Passion for supporting te reo Māori and tikanga and engaging all whānau to feel a sense of belonging on our sessions.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
For further information, a position description or to apply for this role with your CV and cover letter, using "USI SF – Diamond Harbour" in the subject line to:
(021) 030 8058
Diamond Harbour Playcentre
ECE centre details
Purau Road, Diamond Harbour
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026