ECE head teacher at AKA
This head teacher role is full-time and fixed-term leading the team at our Cascades Kindergarten from 15 February 2022 to term 4, 2022 to cover parental leave.
As the Head Teacher, you will enjoy being a great example to your team as an exceptional leader and work in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have 5+ years’ experience in an ECE environment, and hold a current practicing certificate
- Have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- Display a firm-but-fair approach to leading a team, where collaboration and development is key
- share the organisation's commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- share our kindergarten's philosophy of care and respect for the natural environment and sustainability and incorporate this in to learning experiences for children
- value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty.
We encourage anyone interested in applying to visit our Kindergarten (observing current COVID regulations; please call ahead to check). To find out more please visit the AKA website
If this role interests you, click "Apply Now"
For information on the terms and conditions of this position, please visit the Kindergarten teachers, Head Teacher and Senior Teachers’ Collective Agreement 2019-2022
You must have the legal right to live and work permanently in New Zealand to be considered for this position
It is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus by 1 January 2022, and confirmation of vaccinations is required.
ECE centre details
Lady Marie Drive, Pakuranga, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141