Fossil Bay School Auckland

Teaching principal

Primary and intermediate (Years 1–8) / kura tuatahi, Principal

English, Health and physical education, Learning languages, Mathematics and statistics, Science, Social sciences, Technology, Te reo Māori, The arts, Belonging / Mana Whenua, Contribution / Mana Tangata, Communication / Mana Reo, Exploration / Mana Aotūroa, Well-being / Mana Atua

Listed 2:20 PM 23 November 2021
Closes 3pm 14 December 2021
Vacancy reference #: 1HARVj

We are a small and pioneering Steiner school on Waiheke Island. We provide kindergarten, primary and intermediate year education based on the modern Steiner curriculum, that is unhurried, screen-free and has small class-size as a priority. We put kindness, creativity and focus at the heart of our work. The school sits in a rural setting on Waiheke Island within walking distance of the main town and two beautiful beaches.  

One of our current strategic focuses is to build our educational leadership and we are seeking an experienced NZ registered teacher to join and lead our small team. 80% of the role would be that of a lower school class teacher while the remaining 20% would focus on principal duties and the development of the school. Experience working in a Steiner context is highly desirable, while a willingness to work in a way which aligns with our special character is essential. 

Responsibilities:

  • Lower school class teacher to a composite class
  • Educational framework
  • Support to other teachers
  • Oversee planning and review meetings, timetabling and coordination of teaching staff
  • Coordinate policy and health and safety review
  • Be the point of contact between the teaching staff and the general manager
  • Overarching communication to parents at whole school level.

Requirements:

  • Valid NZ teacher registration – essential 
  • Teaching experience (primary years)
  • Established leadership and organisational skills
  • Characteristics such as flexibility and creativity that are essential in a pioneering and small workplace
  • Excellent leadership, people, team and communication skills.

We understand that a good fit is of high importance and welcome applications even if you don't fulfill all requirements above. Ideally, we are seeking a start date for the beginning of 2022.

How to apply

Please send your CV and direct enquiries to:

Iris Richter
58 Korora Road, Oneroa
iris@fossilbay.co.nz
(027) 495 2951

Vacancy reference #:1HARVj

Listed 2:20 PM 23 November 2021
Closes 3pm 14 December 2021

Fossil Bay School NZ

School details

Fossil Bay School

Type: Full Primary
Authority: Private : Fully Registered
Gender: Co-Ed
Decile: 99
Roll: 32
Website:

School number: 779
ERO school report
View more on Education Counts

Physical address:
58 Korora Road, Oneroa, Waiheke Island

Postal Address:
P O Box 128, Waiheke Island, 1840