We are currently inviting applications from qualified ECE teachers who wish to join our highly engaged and respected kindergarten teaching team. This is a permanent, full-time position which commences 19 January 2022.
The successful applicant will be a passionate and self-motivated team player who has a view of children as capable and confident learners.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player, enthusiastic and fun-loving
- Be someone who intrinsically understands our teaching philosophy of play-based learning
- Have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- Share our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- Have strong capability in planning, assessment and documentation
- Value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- Have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- Enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty
- Be passionate about nature and committed to sustainability, which you naturally weave in to your teaching and learning experiences with children.
We encourage anyone interested in applying to visit our kindergarten (while observing the current regulations of Covid-19). To find out more about this kindergarten, please visit the AKA website.
If this role interests you, click 'Apply Now'!
The terms and conditions of this position are set out in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers’ Collective Agreement 2019-2022
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
It is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus by 1 January 2022, and confirmation of vaccinations is required.
ECE centre details
436 A Huia Road, Laingholm
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141