Are you ready for a new beginning in 2022? Ever thought about working with children who have challenges? Have you wondered what it would be like to work in a class size of 5–6 children with high staff ratios? This is where it gets interesting!
We are looking for a dynamic, fully registered ECE teacher who has the x-factor and is driven to make a difference in the lives of children with disabilities. Our sensory kindy class is a great learning space for children with autism, sensory processing disorder, and global developmental delay. You will work alongside another teacher, ESW and visiting therapists. We are looking to grow this class so eventually we would like to open for more sessions. You will take the lead in this. We follow the NZ primary school calendar meaning we close for the term breaks. There is also the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our head teacher/conductor in our conductive education programme.
The whānau is looking for a person with the following attributes:
- Fully qualified and fully registered in New Zealand is a must
- Enthusiastic, energetic, a good team player
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Empathetic, creative, and approachable
- Positive can-do attitude, and the ability to bring new ideas and concepts to the team
- Confident in engagement with whānau and professionals
- Additional qualifications in special education are desirable but not essential.
What we will offer:
- Great team environment
- PD opportunities
- Teacher registration
- First aid certification
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary.
If you are interested in working in a team that makes a real difference, then we want to hear from you.
Check us out on:
Our website or
ECE centre details
13 Coyle Street, Sandringham, Auckland
P O Box 16291, Sandringham, Auckland 1351