Curriculum area tutor
BTI is a NZ Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Category 1 private tertiary provider registered, approved and accredited to deliver professional preparation qualifications which are faith-informed.
We are advertising for a number of curriculum area tutors to provide our Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Secondary) students with teaching in curriculum areas, according to their subject areas of training. The contract per curriculum area tutor is for 30 online teaching hours and 30 preparation hours, for the duration of semester 1 and 2, 2022.
As a curriculum area tutor you will be part of a relational and collaborative team committed to empowering student teachers to grow and develop in their areas of curriculum specialisation. In this role you will be supported with appropriate digital resources and PLD opportunities.
As a contracted curriculum area tutor, you will engage with BTI’s mission and values. You will have experience, knowledge, and skills in your curriculum area, and be keen to lead and innovate creative curriculum-focused teaching and learning.
Applicants are welcomed from anywhere in Aotearoa, as the work for all the positions may be conducted virtually.
You will have:
- An alignment with BTI’s Christian mission and values
- A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and what it means for an integrated bi-cultural and culturally sustaining practice
- Ability to use digital tools to work effectively and ethically in an online environment
- Current curriculum and practice knowledge, including:
- Effective and responsive planning, pedagogy and practice
- Assessment connections and requirements
- Current NCEA requirements
- Connection to relevant guiding principles and documentation, including the New Zealand Curriculum, our code/ our standards, tātaiako and tapasā
- Digital and online teaching
- Developments in localised curriculum.
A copy of the job description is available on our website.
How to apply
Applications should include a brief CV and covering letter which includes your specialist curriculum area(s) and a paragraph on how you would meet the special Christian character and ethos of BTI, and direct enquiries to: Jane Falconer
Dr Andrew Butcher, Te Taiurungi -Principal
(07) 562 2936
Bethlehem Tertiary Institute
Tertiary provider details
24 Elder Lane, Bethlehem, Tauranga
Private Bag 12015, Tauranga, 3143