Early learning kaiako
Note: We pay at Kindergarten rates, there is 5 hours non contact per week for a 37 hour week, we are one whole teacher above the legal requirements and ratios.
We are looking for a permanent qualified kaiako to join our team. Having recently added a seventh teaching position to our team means we operate above ratios and are able to enjoy a better-quality work experience, more time, more support, less stress, and a greater ability to be the kind of teacher we all want to be.
We are a mixed age centre of 1-to-5-year-olds and the benefits of a tuakana/teina educational philosophy are an integral aspect of our small, home-like, inner city, centre along with our emphasis on whanau/family.
The kaupapa of Te Kainganui is to follow the lead of children, which is balanced by our well-established Te Tiriti and Pacifica curriculum priorities and our focus on nature curriculum.
Our philosophy is anchored in practice related to respectful and reciprocal relationships, secure attachment and a responsive care curriculum focused on child agency and empowerment.
- A motivated, enthusiastic teacher, who can put current theory into practice.
- Have a passion for working in a mixed-age centre.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Te Whāriki.
- Able to support curriculum, planning, and assessment.
- Committed to creating/maintaining positive relationships.
- Able to demonstrate a growth mindset, be open and willing to learn and improve.
- ECE registered and qualified.
What we offer you:
- All the provisions outlined in the Collective Agreement and including pay parity level wage.
- Professional development.
- Supportive management team and collaborative professional team culture.
- The ability to be authentically involved in decision making regarding the direction of the centre and development of our curriculum/programme/philosophy.
- The opportunity to become part of a small, family-oriented community focused on offering progressive and contemporary education and care.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAR7_
Te Kainganui Early Education Centre
ECE centre details
64 Tasman Street, Mt Cook-Wellington, Wellington
64 Tasman Street, Wellington, Wellington 6021