Certified early childhood teacher
The Ōtātara Children’s Centre is located on the picturesque Eastern Institute of Technology campus in Taradale, Napier. Our well-resourced centre, has excellent child/teacher ratios, and generous non-contact time and supports our belief in the value of providing a high quality early childhood education environment.
We have a permanent role available for you to join us.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of sound, current early childhood education theory and practice across the curriculum and willingly work in partnership with management, colleagues and the children’s whānau to best meet the needs of children and their families.
You will assist in ensuring:
- The early childhood setting offers a professional service and maintains high quality standards where all statutory requirements are met
- The provision of quality curriculum in accordance with Te Whāriki, the centre philosophy and other mandatory and guiding documents
Ideally applicants will have:
- A sound working knowledge of Te Whāriki
- Some knowledge of te ao Māori and a desire to further own learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
- A growth mindset and an ability to cope with change
- A thorough knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements.
Beginning teachers/provisionally certified teachers welcome.
This role is covered by the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, so applicants must either be vaccinated or have a medical exemption.
How to apply
For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided or visit Jobs@EIT on our website www.eit.ac.nz.
(06) 830 1013
Download our application form
JD Teacher Otatara2021
Ōtātara Children's Centre
ECE centre details
Gloucester St, Taradale, Napier
EIT Private Bag 1201, Hawkes Bay 4142