Alternative education facilitator - Greymouth/Hokitika
WestREAP is recruiting for a qualified, experienced alternative education facilitator for students in the Westland and Grey districts. This 30 hour a week position will provide ongoing support, mentoring and guidance for youth aged under 16 years and their whānau in the Grey and Westland Districts. Alt Ed provides for education and pastoral support for up to 10 students who have disengaged from mainstream schooling.
Candidates will need the following skills:
- Excellent communication, both oral and written & an ability to build rapport with youth
- Ability to work alongside youth to assist them to achieve behavioural, educational and social goals
- Open minded and comfortable maintaining positive relationships and confidentiality within schools, whānau, iwi
and community groups
- Ability to be part of a wrap-around service that engages with other agencies
- Proficient in using web-based tools including a database, MS Office software and Google suite
- Good sense of humour, ability to problem solve and “think outside the square”.
WestREAP offer a fun, flexible workplace with excellent terms and conditions of employment.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAQzS
Location: West Coast