Banks Peninsula Early Learning is seeking a transition manager to lead our team through a transition to a community owned and operated centre.
Our centre is run by a community based “not-for-profit” organisation and operates from a beautiful, purpose-built building that is well resourced to support a child-led learning approach. The Centres’ spacious rural environment, abundant natural resources, and diverse community provide rich learning opportunities.
This role is a 9 month fixed-term contract. Hours of work are negotiable for the right person.
- Establish all facets of an Early Childhood Education service, and ensure it is financially sustainable, whilst serving the needs of the community.
- Develop the relationship between management of the centre and the Community Governing Committee
- Work alongside the Governing Committee to develop the immediate and longer term centre strategy and execute the first steps of the centre’s strategic plan
- Work alongside the teaching team to develop a new philosophy, establish core values and develop the centre’s culture and curriculum.
- Demonstrate sound management and review of centre finances; budgets, day-to-day accounting and administrative functions
- Ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date and implemented in line with regulatory requirements
- Establish professional growth cycles for staff
Develop positive relationships, and advocate for the centre, with stakeholders in the wider community.
- Be an experienced teacher and ECE leader, with a growth mindset, a solid understanding of Te Whariki curriculum and professional standards, and proven experience in supporting teachers’ professional growth within these guidelines.
We are also seeking registered and non registered teachers.
Interviews will be held the week of the 15th of November.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAQmH
Banks Peninsula Early Learning
ECE centre details
11 Duvauchelle School Lane, Duvauchelle, Banks Peninsula