We are currently looking for a qualified and registered ECE teacher to join their dedicated team in this permanent, part-time (24 hours, 3 days per week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) position commencing 19 January 2022.
Our ideal candidate will also:
- be a team player, enthusiastic and fun-loving
- be someone who intrinsically understands our teaching philosophy of play-based learning
- have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- share our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- have strong capability in planning, assessment and documentation
- value the use of ICT as a teaching tool, utilising a range of available technological resources to extend children's learning and improve teaching practice
- have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty
- be passionate about nature and committed to sustainability, which you naturally weave in to your teaching and learning experiences with children
If this sounds like you, you might be the person we're looking for, to join our fun and friendly team at our Laingholm Kindergarten.
We encourage anyone interested in applying to visit our Kindergarten (while observing the current regulations of Covid-19). To find out more about Laingholm Kindergarten, please visit the AKA website.
If this role interests you, click "Apply Now".
The terms and conditions of this position are set out in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers,and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2017-2019
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Please note, it is now a requirement that any person working in AKA Early Childhood Education Services be vaccinated against COVID in line with any legal requirements.
How to apply
Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
Careers at AKA
(09) 300 1870
ECE centre details
436 A Huia Road, Laingholm
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141