Ngā Kura ā Iwi o Aotearoa Incorporated (NKAI) is a constituted body that represents and supports tribal schools that affiliate to our organisation voluntarily. We are focused on our Uri (students) achieving Mana Motuhake as expressed in the NKAI vision for our Uri, Te Tihi o Angitu. Mana Motuhake ensures that Uri have the cultural grounding, knowledge, skills, and wellbeing to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
The Kaihautū Oranga will lead the establishment of the Oranga Arm of Te Whare Angitu. This role is totally focused on ensuring that our young people across Aotearoa have access to excellent well-being services and support. The initial well-being priorities for Te Whare Angitu that will be under the leadership of the Kaihautu Oranga are:
- The Uri Counselling and Support Service that will serve our Uri across Aotearoa
- The Uri Sports Strategy to Encourage Uri Participation in Sport and High-Performance Sport Opportunities - overseen by the Kaihautū and implemented by the Kaiwhakatere Hākinakina
- Contributing to the NKAI-wide Oranga Uri strategy that we are aiming to develop during 2022.,
Experience required in:
- Rangatahi wellbeing, with a particular focus on youth counselling
- Hauora programme development and leadership.
How to apply
Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
177B Harris Street, Huntly
(027) 407 0080
Ngā Kura ā Iwi
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)