Teacher, Tawhiti Kindergarten, Hawera
Are you passionate about developing meaningful relationships with tamariki and whānau, by respecting their aspirations for their tamaiti and dedicated to making a difference in our local community?
The ability to establish and foster genuine and meaningful relationships with local hapū and iwi and confident in the use of te reo and tikanga Māori is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team to develop and grow the service with new ideas, share your passion, expertise and strengths to enrich learning. Creating an environment where learners can be confident in their language, culture and identity is highly valued in this place.
About this role
- Tawhiti Kindergarten has an expansive outdoor environment which is being developed in line with the Enviroschools kaupapa
- This Kindergarten has a strong place in the community and strives to building meaningful and respectful relationships to support positive outcomes for tamariki
What we offer
- As part of Kindergarten Taranaki, you have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the KTCA and to be part of an organisation which offers fantastic professional development opportunities and ongoing support for you and your career
- You will be part of a professional network of 24 Kindergartens
- All 24 Kindergartens are Enviroschools
- We encourage all Kindergartens to be involved in Incredible Years, Healthy Heart and deepening our cultural journey to strengthen Te Āo Māori.
All applicants must hold a NZ recognised ECE qualification and current registration. For further information download an application pack from our website www.kindergartentaranaki.co.nz or phone (027) 639 9830.
ECE centre details
Douglas Street, Hawera
P O Box 655, New Plymouth 4340