Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa - Playcentre Aotearoa, is a well known and loved early childhood organisation with over 70 years of supporting parents to take the lead in their children’s learning through play. Playcentre operates 450 playcentres throughout the country and has just over 700 staff members who are employed in and over a number of roles.
Spring Creek Playcentre are seeking a motivated an enthusiastic fixed-term session facilitator to join our well-resourced and vibrant playcentre and support our tamariki, parents and whānau in leading great sessions for 2 sessions per week. You will work alongside our members and tamariki to guide session activities, facilitate learning using child led play and positive guidance, support the writing of learning stories, and positively support the playcentre education programme.
Start date: 18 October 2021 – 14 April 2022.
Position location: Spring Creek Playcentre is located at 46 Ferry Road, Marlborough
Days and hours: Monday and Wednesday – 4 hours per day - during term time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 4 certificate in early childhood education and care, playcentre course 3 or 4 qualification, or equivalent, or higher early childhood qualification
- Hold a current first aid certificate to meet licensing requirements.
Desirable skills and experience will include:
- A passion for playcentre and our philosophy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all ages
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Te Whāriki and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Great time management and communication skills
- Ability to support and empower parents, whānau and caregivers in their role as kaiako
- A willingness to upskill and meet new playcentre qualification requirements as required
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAPup
Spring Creek Playcentre
ECE centre details
46A Ferry Road, Spring Creek
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026