Te Ao Haka and Māori performing arts
Awatapu College is seeking a Te Ao Haka and NCEA Māori performing arts full-time (or part-time if preferred) teacher.
Skill set needed:
- Sound in their knowledge of Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
- Must be able and willing to work collaboratively with SMT / other curriculum areas
- Able to create an environment where all ākonga feel comfortable and safe to thrive in Māori performing arts
- Sound knowledge in Te Ao Haka
- Able to teach Y9 through to Y13 Māori performing arts
- Experience in leading, teaching, and managing Kapa Haka / Mau Rākau
- Please state any other skill sets / subjects / experience that you bring to our Kura.
- Able to teach Te Reo Māori
- Fluent in Te Reo Māori
- Has skills in Māori Art / Kirituhi / Raranga.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Gary Yeatman, Principal
434 Botanical Road, West End, Palmerston North 4412
(06) 356 4817
Vacancy reference #:1HAPtq
434 Botanical Road, West End, Palmerston North
434 Botanical Road, West End, Palmerston North, 4412
View on map