Papakura Early Learning Centre, next to Kelvin Road School, is part of Great Potentials Foundation Family Service Centre providing health, education and support services for local families. The Early Learning Centre is open Monday to Friday 8.30am–3.30pm for children from two to five years of age and is licensed for 35 children.
About the role
Our ELC team work in partnership with parents and whānau to encourage children’s curiosity, learning and development. You will assess, plan and implement a curriculum for toddlers and young children that reflects current approaches to effective teaching and learning.
This role is Monday to Friday, 8am to 3.30pm, with some flexibility needed to work additional hours at times.
Skills and experience
You will be an outstanding, experienced teacher who is energised and excited about engaging with children. To undertake this role you will have:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Education Council of Aotearoa NZ
- Current Education Council Practising Certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team setting
- The ability to use initiative and a commitment to quality practice standards and the principles of Te Whāriki
- Knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years, while building strong links with their whānau and families.
At Papakura Early Learning Centre you will get non-contact time every day and regular mentoring and coaching to support your ongoing professional development. Great Potentials Foundation will also keep your practicing certificate and first aid certificate current with no cost to you. Free parking and birthday leave are also included.