Head of school
The head of school is responsible for the effective general management of Liger Leadership Academy (LLA) New Zealand, providing academic leadership and strategic vision, and for the successful, high-quality implementation of the LLA education model to a New Zealand context.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Strategic and budgetary planning
- Implement the school strategic plan for the school
- Review the performance of the school based on the goals of the strategic plan
- Responsible for all financial matters including planning, resource allocation, monitoring expenditures, etc.
- Conduct all staff recruitment matters
- Create and maintain a supportive working environment
- Conducting staff review and development
- Implement probation reviews with all newly appointed academic staff
- Implement grievance procedures for staff
- Carry out disciplinary procedures for both staff and students.
Teaching and Learning
- Ensure that facilitators maximise their potential
- Successfully implement the LLA project-based/experiential learning programme
- Measure programme success regularly
- Implement the regular review, evaluation and development of programmes.
- Represent LLA both internally and externally
- Project partners
- Meet with parents regularly
- Report to the board of directors monthly.
Experiences and skills
- School leadership: at least 3 years’ experience as a school leader is required. Minimum 2 years in a leadership/director/principal role in a project-based learning education environment
- Education: Master's degree, or equivalent, in an education-related field
- License: current teaching or administrative license from home country, state, province, etc
- Reporting line: reports directly to the board of education
- Benefits: a competitive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For more information on LLA NZ, please visit our website
Job description available on request.
Liger Leadership Academy
Unit 10 34 Grant Road, Frankton, Queenstown
P O Box 2711, Wakatipu, Queenstown, 9349