Session support worker
Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa - Playcentre Aotearoa is a well known and loved Early Childhood organisation with over 70 years of supporting parents to take the lead in their children’s learning through play. Playcentre operates 450 Playcentres throughout the country and has just over 1000 staff members who are employed in and over a number of roles.
To assist parents/ caregivers and whānau on session to ensure sessions run smoothly, parents are supported in their role as kaiako and children's needs are catered for, while role modelling Playcentre philosophy and current practices.
Location: Windy Ridge Playcentre, located at 21a Tamahere Drive, Glenfield, Auckland.
Days and hours: 1 session per week: Friday 9amû12.30pm (3.5 hours). During School Term time only.
Start date: Term 4 – week beginning 18 October 2021 (or earlier by agreement)
The ideal candidate will:
Hold a Playcentre Course 3 qualification, or higher Early Childhood Education qualification; Hold a current first aid certificate or be prepared to complete this.
Skills and experience required:
- A passion for working with children aged 0–6 years, and alongside parents and caregivers;
- Knowledge and understanding of the value of Playcentre and its philosophy;
- Knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi;
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki;
- Great time management and communication skills;
- A willingness to upskill and meet new Playcentre qualification requirements as required;
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information, a position description or to apply for this role, please contact ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. Please include “SSW – UNI WindyRidge in the subject line.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HANk6
ECE centre details
21A Tamahere Drive, Glenfield, Auckland
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026