Big Kids coordinator
Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa - Playcentre Aotearoa is a well known and loved Early Childhood organisation with over 70 years of supporting parents to take the lead in their children’s learning through play. Playcentre operates 450 Playcentres throughout the country and has just over 1000 staff members who are employed in and over a number of roles.
Location: Morningside Playcentre, located at 1a School Road, Morningside, Auckland
Days and hours: 1 session per week: Tuesday 9am–12pm (offsite session). During School Term time only.
Start date: Term 4 – week beginning 18 October 2021 (or earlier by agreement).
Skills and experience required:
Hold a Course 3 Playcentre qualification or higher, or equivalent ECE qualification
- A passion for working with children aged 3–6 years, and alongside parents and caregivers;
- Knowledge and understanding of the value of Playcentre and its philosophy;
- Knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi;
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki;
- Great time management and communication skills;
- A willingness to upskill and meet new Playcentre qualification requirements as required;
- Current first aid certificate.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information, a position description or to apply for this role, please contact ‘email@example.com’. Please include “Big Kids – UNI Morningside in the subject line.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HANju
ECE centre details
1A School Road, Western Springs, Auckland
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026