Transition to school teacher – Spreydon
Can you explore the world through a child's eyes, develop young minds, and prepare each child for their transition to school?
We have a full-time maternity cover position for a qualified ECE or primary teacher with full or provisional registration, commencing as soon as possible, until 22 April 2022.
You will be a team player, enjoy working with 3½–5 year olds, and embrace our effective transition to school practices. Our beautiful well equipped transition to school classroom has a learning environment that supports creative thinking and expression, with excellent established routines. We’ll welcome you into our supportive team culture that is positive, flexible and respectful.
What are we looking for?
- An ECE or primary qualified and registered teacher
- A passion for rituals and responding intentionally to children’s cues and play
- An ability to work collaboratively and supportively with a team
- A genuine commitment for excellence and growth
- Alignment with our values: safe, loved and learning
- Confidence with learning stories and implementing and bringing all areas of the curriculum to life
- Ability to provide care and learning that’s respectful and responsive to children’s culture
- A commitment to building strong, reciprocal relationships with children and families.
If you are a teacher who shares our team values of love, relationships, communication, kindness and humour, we would love to hear from you.
ECE centre details
144 Strickland Street, Spreydon, Christchurch
60 Greville Road, Pinehill, Auckland 0632