To assist parents and caregivers on session to ensure sessions run smoothly, ensuring parents are supported in their role as kaiako and children’s needs are catered for, that their play learning and development is enhanced, as well as role modelling playcentre philosophy and current practices. To help centre members understand the key components of excellent practice at playcentre, and how each person can contribute to this. To foster a whānau-led culture and support emergent leadership, by helping centre members gain knowledge and understanding.
Days and hours: 3 sessions per week – 12 hours per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am–1pm. During school term time only.
Start date: 16 August
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 4 Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care, Playcentre Course 4 qualification, or higher early childhood education qualification
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be prepared to complete this.
Skills and experience required:
- A passion for Playcentre and its philosophy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all ages
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Te Whāriki
- Ability to support and empower parents/whānau and caregivers in their role as kaiako
- Passion for supporting te reo Māori and tikanga and engaging all whānau to feel a sense of belonging on our sessions.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HANSW
Landsdowne Terrace Playcentre
ECE centre details
Community Centre Landsdowne Terrace, Cashmere, Christchurch
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026