Early learning teacher
About the role
Our Webb Street Early Learning Centre, close to vibrant Cuba Street, needs a fantastic fully qualified, registered and certificated Teacher to join our team.
You'll bring your experience to assess, plan and implement a curriculum for infants, toddlers and young children that reflects current approaches to effective teaching and learning.
Our beautiful light, bright and airy indoor environment is purpose-built to stimulate and develop the natural curiosities of our tamariki.
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolio.
Skills and experience:
- Early childhood teaching qualification
- Current Teaching Council Practising Certificate
- Commitment and initiative to quality practice standards and the principles of Te Whāriki
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Particular interest and desire to work with infants and toddlers.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to work as a team to make a difference to tamariki in their early years while building strong links with their whānau.
- Generous weekly professional development time of 4 hours with dedicated pedagogical support
- Financial support to retain your full certification
- Discounted childcare
- A wellness programme which includes 'flu vaccinations and discounts with various retail and service organisations.
Through our collective commitment, talents and efforts at Barnardos we work hard to create an Aotearoa New Zealand where every child has the opportunity to, in their own unique way, shine bright.
As New Zealand's leading children's charity Barnardos services and people make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families.
With your help we can do even more.
ECE centre details
74 Webb Street, Te Aro, Wellington
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141