Whenuapai Kindergarten is currently looking for a qualified and registered ECE teacher to join our dedicated team, and help us contribute to the high level of service that we are proud to provide our local community. This role is for 20 hours / 5 days per week, and would be a great opportunity for someone looking to wind back their hours, a graduate teacher or a parent returning to the workforce.
As a teacher, you will enjoy working collaboratively within a supportive team, and your commitment to bicultural practice and confidence in using ICT as a teaching tool will be vital to the great outcomes for children. Through your open communication style and focus on strengthening relationships, you will value the past whilst helping to bring to life a vision for the future that is shared by the team, kindergarten whānau and local community.
You will also:
- Share our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- Be someone who intrinsically understands our teaching philosophy of play-based learning
- Be a team player, and be enthusiastic and fun-loving
- Have demonstrable skills in relationship building
- Have strong capability in planning, assessment and documentation
- Enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty
- Be passionate about nature and committed to sustainability, which you naturally weave in to your teaching and learning experiences with children.
We do encourage anyone interested in applying to feel free to visit Whenuapai Kindergarten.
ECE centre details
16 Airport Road, Whenuapai, Waitakere
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141