Pia, pou tautoko and cultural capability PLD facilitator
University of Otago Education Support Services is part of the University of Otago’s College of Education. We have a team of highly committed and experienced facilitators based throughout the country.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join our Māori medium team with a key role in providing professional learning and development (PLD) to support Pia to achieve their Tūturu Practising Certificates alongside Pou Tautoko and Tumuaki in Kura Kaupapa Māori, Wharekura and Kura-a-Iwi.
If desired the candidate can also choose to facilitate PLD in Māori and English-medium schools supporting a system-wide shift in cultural capability for primary and secondary school leaders and teachers in Aotearoa.
In this role you will:
- Support pia, pou tautoko and tumuaki in their kura and communities with effective pedagogical practice through a variety of responsive delivery methods, including; workshops, hikoi, noho marae, cluster hui, on-line and tailored support kanohi ki te kanohi to meet individual needs as they implement high quality, educative induction and mentoring programmes.
- Facilitate cultural capability PLD in Māori kura and English medium schools.
This role can be based anywhere in New Zealand. Travel will be required.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and learning in Māori settings. It is essential that the successful candidate brings a proactive, collaborative approach and is able to work independently and remotely as part of a team.
You will also have:
- Fluency in te reo Māori me ōnā tikanga.
- Teaching qualification and registration.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in Kura Kaupapa Māori, Wharekura, Kura-a-Iwi and/or schools.
- Experience developing and implementing professional learning development for kaiako/teachers.
- Driver’s licence and flexibility to travel within NZ to reach remote kura.
These are fixed-term positions available until January 2023.
The link to the University of Otago website Job advert & job description is: Pia, Pou Tautoko and Cultural Capability - Curriculum and Learning PLD Facilitator
Tertiary provider details
362 Leith Street, Dunedin North, Dunedin
P O Box 56, Dunedin, 9054