Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa - Playcentre Aotearoa is a well known and loved early childhood organisation with over 70 years of supporting parents to take the lead in their children’s learning through play. Playcentre operates 450 Playcentres throughout the country and has just over 1000 staff members who are employed in and over a number of roles.
Purpose of this position: To assist parents/ caregivers and whanau on session to ensure sessions run smoothly, parents are supported in their role as kaiako and children's needs are catered for, while role modelling Playcentre philosophy and current practices.
Position details: Location: Woodville Playcentre is located at 45 Ross St, Woodville 4920
Hours: 9am to 12.30pm (3½ hours per week) Tuesday mornings with a possibility of this being extended to two sessions per week.
This position may suit someone who has a young child that may wish to attend Playcentre.
Skills and experience required:
- Hold a Playcentre Course 4 qualification or higher, or equivalent ECE qualification;
- A passion for Playcentre and its philosophy;
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience at Centre level;
- Have knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi;
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki;
- A willingness to upskill and meet new Playcentre qualification requirements as required.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HANM3
ECE centre details
45 Ross Street, Woodville
P O Box 57217, Porirua 5026