Early childhood educator–Epsom
We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our close-knit teaching team, working within a calm, welcoming and respectful environment. This position is specifically working with a small group of 3-4 year old children, with a maximum group size of 14 children and 2 teachers.
- Develop a culture that is focused on learning, and is characterised by respect, inclusion, empathy, collaboration and safety, applying the Bear Park Philosophy and use of the Reggio Emilia’s approach
- Creating a welcoming, caring and creative learning environment that treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Design learning based on curriculum and pedagogical knowledge, assessment information and an understanding of each learner’s strength and needs
- Offer experiences that support the children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development
- Ensure learners receive ongoing feedback and assessment information and support them to use this information to guide further learning.
We base our philosophy upon te Tiriti o Waitangi; the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whäriki; as well as the influence of Reggio Emilia.
Bear Park Epsom, affectionately known by teachers and families as ‘Patey Street’, is housed in a grand homestead standing proud on a lovely hill, surrounded by more than 2000 square metres of land.
• 3 hours paid weekly team planning time
• Regular paid professional development
• A day off for your birthday!
• Extra sick leave
• Full coverage of registration fees
• Staff wellness programme
• Staff rewards and discounts
Applicants for this position must have the right to live and work in NZ.
How to apply
Please send your CV by email. A copy of the job description is available upon request.
(09) 520 6661
Bear Park Early Childhood Centre
ECE centre details
7 Patey Street, Remuera, Auckland
P O Box 99696, Newmarket, Auckland 1149