Early childhood educator
We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our close-knit preschool teaching team, working within a calm, welcoming and respectful environment.
- Develop a culture that is focused on learning, and is characterised by respect, inclusion, empathy, collaboration and safety, applying the Bear Park Philosophy and use of the Reggio Emilia’s approach
- Creating a welcoming, caring and creative learning environment that treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Design learning based on curriculum and pedagogical knowledge, assessment information and an understanding of each learner’s strength and needs
- Offer experiences that support the children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development
- Ensure learners receive ongoing feedback and assessment information and support them to use this information to guide further learning.
We base our philosophy upon te Tiriti o Waitangi; the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whäriki; as well as the influence of Reggio Emilia.
In 2005, the doors of Bear Park Kohimarama were opened to its close-knit community. Since then, our centre – a carefully planned, purpose-built learning space – has been beloved by children, whānau and teachers alike.
- 3 hours paid weekly team planning time
- Regular paid professional development
- A day off for your birthday!
- Extra sick leave
- Full coverage of registration fees
- Staff wellness programme
- Staff rewards and discounts.
A copy of the job description is available upon request.
Applicants for this position must have the right to live and work in NZ.
ECE centre details
318 St Heliers Bay Road, Kohimarama, Auckland
P O Box 99696, Newmarket, Auckland 1149