Qualified early learning kaiako
Te Kainganui, which is a mixed age, community based, parent co-operative, licensed for 24 children with spaces for five under two's, recently established a seventh teaching role. This means we are now able to operate above ratios for significant portions of each day. Not only does this benefit our children due to additional competent teachers being available to meet children's needs and implement curriculum but it also means more support for teachers (and less stress) when working on the floor with children. Additionally our teaching team is stable, with the majority of the team being experienced. We are looking for a new teacher to fill the soon to be vacated seventh position to bring our team up to full capacity.
The successful candidate:
- Will be joining a strong team focused on best practice and continual improvement
- Will be in a position of being significantly above ratios and therefore more able to be the best teacher they can be
- Will be able to contribute to, as well as learn from, our well established and ever growing curriculum oriented around Te Tiriti and Pasifica, Nature Curriculum and RIE philosophy for infants and toddlers
- Will be able to take on leadership as part of our distributed leadership programme
- Will be contractually entitled to five hours non contact per week and will have the ability to attend professional development courses linked to the Professional Growth Cycle
- Will benefit from our focus on the well being and professional growth of our teachers in order to retain a stable team.
Perhaps best of all we pay at Kindergarten levels (and have done so for the past year and a half).
Ideally applicants will be experienced but we will also consider new teachers.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAMSJ
ECE centre details
64 Tasman Street, Mt Cook-Wellington, Wellington
64 Tasman Street, Wellington, Wellington 6021