Infants teacher / team leader
Are you passionate about working with and alongside infants and toddlers?Are you fun, motivational, inspiring and do you love mentoring and sharing your knowledge with others?
Well, we are hoping to find someone to join our small team of 3 within our infants and toddlers cottage. We are a homely centre, licenced for 11 U2's with 3 teachers, and part of a 56 licensed centre overall.
The person for this role would need:
- To be registered and certified in ECE
- To be available to work full-time and flexible between 7am–5.30 Monday–Friday
- To be passionate about RIE and influenced by people such as Penny Brownlee, Kimberley Crisp, Janet Lansbury and Dr Emmi Pikler - (just to name a few) as these practices guide our philosophy and underpin the centre culture and practices
- To be passionate, kind, caring but firm and hold relationships with high regard
- To have great time management
- To be cool, calm and collected, and enjoy a healthy and positive team culture
- To have understanding of internal evaluations
- To be strong in writing learning stories.
Our website is currently under construction, so please come on in to learn more about us. I'd love to show you around!
We have changed somewhat over the 3 years that we have been open (and the website being created), and are still growing and developing our culture, strengthening our philosophy and refining our practices – but we do know that we love our space – a natural environment, where risk taking, mud and puddles are the flavour of our day! We advocate for child led open-ended play and developing naturally within our inviting spaces. We see the value in practicing primary caregiving in our own Cottontails way.
If you would love to know more, please get in touch!
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAMLJ
ECE centre details
195 Brightside Road, Whangaparaoa
195 Brightside Road, Stanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa 0932