Healthy active learning facilitator
If you have a knowledge and experience in health and PE, a passion for hauora and wellbeing and want to step out of the classroom or learning centre into a new role, keep reading!
Mō te tūranga | Primary Purpose
To work with Boards of Trustees, Principals, senior leaders and teachers of targeted primary and intermediate schools and kura to provide advice and customised support. This will enable schools to strategise, plan and develop systems that contribute to the development of an active and healthy school culture.
To support school leaders and teachers to better plan and implement the health and physical education and hauora curriculum, identify and develop opportunities for quality physical activity experiences for tamariki (in school).
Work closely with School Connectors to support the wider school community to establish healthy behaviours and environments through supporting the adoption and implementation of healthy food and water-only policies.
Developing and maintaining strong meaningful relationships with schools and kura principals, senior leaders and teachers is a critical component of this role.
Ngā whainga | Expected Outcomes
Work with schools and communities to achieve the following expected outcomes:
- Schools and kura to understand and recognise the value of the health and physical education and hauora curriculum
- Schools and kura to create an environment that supports and promotes quality play, sport and physical activity
- Teachers and kaiako to be confident and capable in delivering the health and physical education and hauora curriculum
- Schools and kura to create a healthy food and drink environment
- Schools and kura to make well informed decisions when engaging with external providers
- Schools and kura to strengthen their connections with their wider community, including whānau and local health and physical activity providers.