Kaiako, qualified early childhood education teacher
Kidz Matter 2 Us is one of four Salvation Army Early Childhood Education centres. We provide quality, Christian Early Childhood Care and Education and wrap around whānau care services in the local community. Our core values are Awhi/ Aroha, Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga and Wairua.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified early childhood education teacher, with a heart for children, to join our team (37.5 hours per week). You would be joining a kind, caring and empathetic team, within a community hub, at The Salvation Army, Waitakere, Kidz Matter 2 Us. We focus on creating welcoming, engaging spaces for children to learn and grow, while also supporting families with wraparound services.
If you have lots of energy, an enthusiastic approach to learning and working with the community we would love to hear from you. We welcome applications from qualified and registered or provisionally registered teachers.
- Build and maintain positive, warm, and responsive relationships with tamariki, whānau, and professionals
- Show cultural competence and environmental responsibility
- Engage in learning and development, planning assessment and evaluation
- Uphold regulations, standards of excellence, Salvation Army policies and procedures.
This is an opportunity to be part of working within a community hub, making a difference for tamariki and whānau while gaining valuable skills in a strong teaching team.
- An enthusiastic approach to learning and working with the community
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Computer competent
- Sympathy to the aims of The Salvation Army.
- Time and desk management skills to prioritize multiple tasks and keep track of work in progress and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HALzu
ECE centre details
7 View Road, Henderson, Waitakere
P O Box 6015, Marion Square, Wellington 6141