Lecturer - Kaiako
- Seeking applicants with existing ECE relationships which reflect diverse communities across Aotearoa New Zealand
Kia ora, nau mai haere mai, talofa lava, malo elelei, taloha ni, whakalofa lahi atu, mauri, bula vinaka, leana, kia orana, warm Pacific greetings.
Due to growth in tertiary provision, we are looking for additional academic staff to join our whanau. Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand (ECNZ) is a dynamic bicultural organisation, committed to high quality teaching and practice for early childhood and primary education. We have a focus on initial teacher education which is delivered via blended learning.
Be a passionate ECE lecturer – kaiako, scaffolding students to become confident, professional teachers or leaders. Utilise your enthusiasm, skills, experiences to inspire, whilst incorporating values of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Work as part of a collaborative organisation, come and join our team of Lecturers, who share your commitment to a bicultural early childhood curriculum.
You will have the following:
- Experience or strong interest in teaching and mentoring adults at a tertiary level
- Teacher registration is essential
- Experience in eLearning is particularly desirable
- Knowledge and some fluency in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori is desirable
- A Masters' degree in ECE or relevant discipline, or engagement in post-graduate ECE study is desirable
- Strong networks in ECE
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A current full driver's licence and vehicle for work use.
We aspire for our workforce to be a reflection of our communities across Aotearoa New Zealand and are actively seeking applications from people who represent that diversity.
We can offer a competitive salary, generous study leave and professional development, plus opportunities for involvement in research activities.
Visit ecnz.ac.nz to view the position description. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Tertiary provider details
Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand
Type: Private Training Establishment
191 Thorndon Quay, Thorndon, Wellington
P O Box 12725, Thorndon, Wellington, 6144