About the role
Qualified teachers at Barnardos work in partnership with parents and whānau to encourage children’s curiosity, learning and development. You will assess, plan and implement a curriculum to infants, toddlers and young children that reflects current approaches to effective teaching and learning.
- Deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Plan, implement and evaluate a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolio as agreed with the centre professional leader.
Skills and experience
You will be an outstanding, experienced teacher who is energised and excited about engaging with children.
To undertake this role you will have:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Education Council of Aotearoa NZ
- Current Education Council Practising Certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team setting
- The ability to use initiative and a commitment to quality practice standards and the principles of Te Whāriki
- Knowledge and understanding of current early childhood education theory and practice
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years while building strong links with their whānau and families.
In choosing to work for Barnardos, you will enjoy the benefits of working with a large well-respected NGO, while making a difference in communities.
- Family friendly organisation with flexible working
- Reduced cost childcare and other benefits
- Professional and supportive colleagues
- Wellness programme which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with health providers
- Generous professional development time each week with dedicated pedagogical support
- Grow your career with financial support to retain your full certification.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAK83
ECE centre details
1 Storey Avenue, Forest Lake, Hamilton
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141