Qualified early childhood teacher – Te Whare Ako
Whitireia and WelTec have been strategic partners since 2012, delivering a range of career training choices and vast opportunities for schools, staff and students.
About the role – Te Kaupapa
We are looking for a passionate qualified, registered experienced teacher to support our centre! You will be part of an enthusiastic team, providing excellent care for children.
Tasks are varied but your main responsibilities will be to undertake quality professional interactions with the children enrolled at our centre, follow all health and safety requirements to ensure the safety of the children/teachers and self. You will build strong relationships, be an effective communicator and connect meaningfully with our teachers, whānau and tamariki.
Key skills and attributes:
- A Degree or Diploma in ECE is necessary
- Have experience working in ECE with under and over two-year-olds, for more years than two years
- Must hold a current teacher’s registration
- Ability to work five days a week
- A good knowledge of setting a stimulating learning environment for children
- Good work ethic, punctual and enjoys a multicultural environment
- Innovative and passionate team player with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team and be able to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Displays integrity, professionalism, patience and a strong character
- Ability to adapt personality and style to suit relevant audience at all age groups.
You must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand and be qualified to be considered for this position.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
Click on Apply Now and complete the on-line application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the online application.
For other information please email.
ECE centre details
Tutu Place 0 Wineera Drive, Porirua Central, Porirua
C/O Whitireia Polytechnic Wi Neera Drive, Elsdon, Porirua 5022