Youth educators (2 positions)
The YMCA is an education and training centre that supports at risk youth who have struggled to connect in a mainstream school environment and need support re-engaging in education. The YMCA has a youth-centred approach to support young people to reach their potential. We strategically use our core values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in order to met our mission of investing in the next generation.
Our staff are nurtured in a friendly and supportive environment to grow and succeed.
We are seeking experienced, passionate and motivated educators to work alongside young people and adults who are working towards improving their literacy and numeracy skills with the goal of gaining NCEA Levels 1–2.
Our successful applicants will:
- Have a passion for ākonga/students and an ability to build relationships
- Have a strengths-based approach with young people
- Work collaboratively in a team
- Strong classroom management and pedagogical knowledge
- Willingness to learn and invest in professional development
- Have an understanding of foundation learning, literacy and numeracy
- Willingness to embed biculturalism into all areas of practice.
We currently have 2 vacancies, please enquire for job descriptions.
How to apply
Please send your enquires, cover letter and CV to:
23 Butler Street, Timaru 7940
(03) 688 3682
YMCA South & Mid Canterbury