Qualified and certified ECE teacher
The Ōtātara Children’s Centre is located on the picturesque Eastern Institute of Technology campus in Taradale, Napier.
An opportunity awaits for you to join us and work collaboratively as part of the teaching team to provide an environment that supports children to be competent, confident learners and communicators.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of sound, current early childhood education theory and practice across the curriculum and willingly work in partnership with management, colleagues and the children’s whānau to best meet the needs of children and their families.
In this role you will assist in ensuring:
- The early childhood setting offers a professional service and maintains high quality standards where all statutory requirements are met
- The provision of quality curriculum in accordance with Te Whāriki, the centre philosophy and other mandatory and guiding documents
The ideal applicant will have:
- A thorough knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements
- A sound working knowledge of Te Whāriki
- Some knowledge of te ao Māori
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
- A growth mindset and an ability to cope with change.
This is a full-time role but there is some flexibility to negotiate part-time hours.
How to apply
To apply please click on the link provided or visit Jobs@EIT on our website www.eit.ac.nz Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
M. Brown, HR Advisor
(06) 974 8000
ECE centre details
Gloucester St, Taradale, Napier
EIT Private Bag 1201, Hawkes Bay 4142