Kindergarten head teacher
Due to our current head teacher being successful in a senior leader role within our organisation, we have an exciting opportunity for a leader to join our team in Thames.
Our kindergarten supports sustainable practices including gardening, recycling and sourcing sustainable resources four our environment.
We operate weekly Ngahere visits which enables tamariki to develop an appreciation and respectful relationship with Papatūānuku.
We are part of Central Kids Early Education, which operates 57 other kindergartens and centres across the central North Island.
Central Kids provide:
- A commitment to putting children at the heart to all that we do – Ko ngā tamariki te pūtake
- A commitment to ensuring te reo Rangatira not only survives but thrives in our organisation
- A commitment to upholding our obligations as partners of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A commitment to Rautaki Ahurea – our cultural strategy
- Access to high-quality professional development opportunities
- Ongoing professional support to maintain quality teaching practice
- 6 weeks' annual leave, 9 days' sick leave and non-contact/professional time per the Kindergarten Teachers', Head Teachers’ and Senior Teachers’ Collective
- A motivated, enthusiastic leader, who is able to put current theory into practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of ECE business operational requirements eg: staffing, funding and licensing criteria
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Te Whāriki
- Committed to te reo Māori me ona tikanga, te tiriti o Waitangi and te o Māori
- Able to work within a team who have a strong commitment to supporting the social and emotional growth of tamariki
- Committed to creating/maintaining strong, possible relationships within the wider community and outside agencies
- Able to demonstrate a growth mindset, be open and willing to change that enables us to continue providing high-quality early education to all tamariki who attend our services
- ECE qualified and hold current certification and a current first aid certificate.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAJE1
ECE centre details
Grey Street, Thames
P O Box 341, Putaruru 3443