We are a unique centre that is part of The Hutt Valley Teen Parent School. We are governed by an Incorporated Society.
We are a small team of four teachers. As a team we value collaborative, respectful, and empathetic practice. We provide a safe and nurturing environment for both our infants/toddlers and their young vulnerable mothers.
This position is full time (40 hours) per week. The centre is licensed for 30 children – 25 under 2’s and 5 over 2’s.
We are looking for an extraordinary kaiarahi who has/can:
- A strong sense of Tikanga and Whaakro Māori
- Sustain an already collaborative, passionate and respectful team
- Considerable experience working with infants and toddlers
- The ability to relate to teenagers – both the teenage mind and the new parent mind
- Be non- judgemental and strongly empathetic
- Be prepared to support and walk alongside highly vulnerable mammas and pēpi
- Great communication skills with the capability of building strong and lasting relationships with mamma’s, whānau and networking with many varying agencies
- A strong sense of self-reflection
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Initiative, desire and passion for quality practice standards and commitment to the principles of Te Whāriki
- Familiarity with the New Zealand Education Council, ERO, MOE requirements, Licensing Criteria, 2008 Regulations and Code of Ethics
- Implement and maintain a centre budget, annual and strategic plans, staff appraisals and Internal Review.
Any questions, feel free to call (04) 529 8355, ask for Sarah.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAJ3y
ECE centre details
34 Miro Street, Upper Hutt CBD, Upper Hutt
34 Miro Street, Trentham, Upper Hutt 5018