We have an opportunity for a team leader to join the whānau at Educare Pokeno.
Being family-owned and orientated, Educare Pokeno reflects its local community, our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Whāriki, and the Educare vision of Learn, Laugh, Play. Educare Pokeno has strong whānau values and beliefs that promote tuakana teina and whanaungatanga.
So what makes us so special?
With a characteristic rural setting next to Pokeno School, our vibrant and open spaces allow endless opportunities to explore and learn through adventure and play. Our teachers value sustainability and cherish natural resources. We aim to foster a developing sense of responsibility for the well-being of both the living and non-living world within our tamariki.
As our team leader you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience (in a team leader role would be a bonus)
- A strong knowledge of current ECE practices and ministry regulations
- A passion for delivering a high quality of education and care
- A supportive attitude
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Experience and confidence in programme planning
- A strong understanding of the Te Whāriki curriculum
- Must hold a current Practicing Certificate from the Teaching Council
- Most importantly you will enjoy learning, laughing and playing alongside our tamariki.
In return, we can offer:
- A supportive, passionate and caring team to be a part of
- A family-owned and orientated workplace
- Ongoing access to professional development
- An excellent programme for supporting provisional teachers to get their full registration
- A supportive workplace, who grows their own leaders internally
- A fund to support the wellbeing of our kaiako
- Payment support for teacher certification
- 50% off childcare for your children at an Educare centre
- Payment of first aid renewals
- Branded polo shirts and jackets provided
- And loads more!
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAHkR
ECE centre details
62 Pokeno Road, Pokeno
3 Grey Street, Regent, Whangarei 0112