Early childhood teachers (2 positions)
We are a small, family owned centre in Halswell and are seeking two new members to join our team.
We have two of our teachers going on maternity leave and have two fixed-term positions available to cover this leave. One position is a teacher in our preschool room and the other is our lunch cover/housekeeping position.
Preschool teacher position
We are looking for a fun, motivated, passionate fully qualified teacher to join us in our preschool room. We have an amazing teaching team you are joining who all work collaboratively to ensure our environment is of the highest quality.
This position is a full-time position with a minimum of 30 hours per week. There is a possibility of part time job share for the right applicants.
Applicants must have the following:
- Fully qualified and registered teacher (Diploma or Degree - Level 7)
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and strong team player
- Driven, excellent time management skills, and attention to detail
- Able to use your initiative and ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the programme
- Passionate, nurturing, and approachable.
We offer you:
- A supportive team environment
- Extensive and supportive induction into the role
- Ongoing support and registration mentorship
- The opportunity to inspire and influence the learning of our children
- A well-resourced centre with great ratios
- Sufficient non-contact hours
- Regular paid professional development to help further grow your knowledge, including first aid certification
- Subsidised childcare (if applicable)
- Weekly coffee shouts
- Team building weekends away/activities (expenses paid).
If you have any questions, please email these through.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAHgf
Halswell Learning Tree
ECE centre details
349 Halswell Road, Halswell, Christchurch
349 Halswell Road, Christchurch 8025