Playgroup co-ordinator, Cobden
WestREAP is currently looking for someone passionate about improving educational outcomes for tamariki aged 0-6 in our new Supported Playgroup in Cobden, Greymouth. The playgroup co-ordinator will organise a wide range of educational activities in accordance with Te Whāriki, the early childhood curriculum, to meet the learning needs of tamariki, and engage with whānau, school and the community to make this playgroup an integral part of the Cobden community.
This position is for 12 hours per week during term time (6 hours in playgroup sessions, 6 hours for preparation, planning and reporting). This is a fixed-term position until 14 April 2023. The reason for the fixed-term is that this is the duration of the contract with Ministry of Education for the Supported Playgroup Funding.
The ideal person for this position will have:
- A passion for improving educational outcomes for tamariki aged 0-6 and their parents/whanau
- Proven ability to build rapport and communication with a range of ages and groups including Maori and/or families at risk, communities and social service agencies
- Experience working in early childhood education would be ideal
- An ECE qualification is preferred but not essential (we can provide professional development if necessary).
- Knowledge of Te Whāriki, relevant theories of early learning and an understanding of children’s development
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and the ability to be innovative
- Ability to liaise and engage with local service providers and school
- Sound planning, organisational and time management skills
- The ability to pass a 7-point safety check for working with children including a clean slate under NZ Police Vetting
- A clean NZ driver’s licence
For more information on the position contact: Kate Campbell on (027) 598 8816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an employment pack including job description and application form please contact Jane Wellard.
How to apply
Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
03 755 8700 at (0800) 927 327
Westland Rural Education Activities Programme Society Incorporated
Location: West Coast