We are looking for a passionate kaiako to join our Educare Pokeno whānau in providing quality education and care.
You will be a strong advocate for our tamariki, who will be able uphold and support our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Whariki, and the Educare vision of Learn, Laugh, Play. Educare Pokeno has strong whānau values and beliefs that promote tuakana teina and whanaungatanga.
So what makes us so special?
With a characteristic rural setting next to Pokeno School, our vibrant and open spaces allow endless opportunities to explore and learn through adventure and play. Our teachers value sustainability and cherish natural resources. We aim to foster a developing sense of responsibility for the well-being of both the living and non-living world within our tamariki.
As a member of the Educare whānau you will:
- Be a strong advocate for our tamariki
- Be a team player with good initiative
- Have the ability to be flexible and support the team where needed
- Hold a teaching qualification that allows you to work as a registered teacher in a NZ ECE centre
- Hold a current practicing certificate.
In return, we can offer:
- A supportive, passionate and caring team to be a part of
- A family owned and orientated work place
- Ongoing access to professional development
- An excellent programme for supporting provisional teachers to get their full registration
- A supportive workplace, who grows their own leaders internally
- A fund to support the wellbeing of our kaiako
- Payment support for Teacher Certification
- 50% off childcare for your children at an Educare centre
- Payment of first aid renewals
- Branded polo shirts and jackets provided
- and loads more!
Newly graduated/provisionally registered teachers are welcome to apply.
Educare completes safety checks on all employees.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAHWM
ECE centre details
66 Pokeno Road, Pokeno
3 Grey Street, Regent, Whangarei 0112