You’re ready tostep up to your next Principal role, or maybe your first.Either way you now have opportunity to lead a school that will be one of the highlights of your education leadership career.All the previous principals of Newbury School will tell you what an awesome school it is to lead, and for the last 20 years Newbury Principals have gone on to lead some of the largest schools in the lower North Island.
As principal of Newbury School, you’ll:
Enjoy leading and working in a connected, rural community school
Have a strong foundation and strategic plan to build on
Bring your own flavour,ideas and energy to our school
Be supported by a strong parent group
Work in a well resourced school with quality grounds and buildings
Focus on educational leadership
Indulge your passions for sustainability, technology and a broad curriculum
Be energised and gain a high level of satisfaction from your role, and from building strong relationshipswith your community
Work with a proven, capable and stable boardwho will value your fresh ideas and energy
Love working in a school that values open, transparentcommunication and strong, positive relationships.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be an education leader who:
1. Has exceptional people, communication and relationship skills.You’ll be a collaborative leader
2. Is visible, accessible, and hands on- you’ll connect with our rural school community
3. Advocates for, and is guided by, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
4. Is a proven and successful leader of teaching and learning
5. Has shown the ability to use key educational tools to improve learning
6. Will support, develop and move forward the strategic goals and direction of the school
7. Is an effective and efficient school manager
How to apply
To find out more about this opportunity to lead Newbury School, or for a confidential chat about the school and the role contact Stu Birch at ep.education, or email email@example.com referencing #49447, for a candidate information pack